26 Dec 2008

Catholicism x JESUS

I woke up today thinking about Catholicism... To tell you the truth, since yesterday night I’m thinking about this; perhaps, because it’s Christmas.

First of all, I wanna make it clear that I’m not opposed to any religion and respect all of them. What has taken my attention is that Catholicism is one of the most important religion in the world, mainly in the West.

Well, I haven’t known yet, a Catholic person who read the Bible. In my point of view, if a Catholic read the Bible, he would give up Catholicism!

Let’s see it calmly.

Everybody knows Jesus Christ, right? The Son of The Creator God, who was born like a human and has died for love to save us.
He was humble and taught to everyone on the Earth to follow His steps, by forgiving, being humble, helping whoever needs support and by loving the neighbour.
If you are up to date of a little bit of His history, you know that when He entered Jerusalem, He was riding on a donkey (see at Matthew 21:1-17, the Triumphal Entry). I think this is one of the most important symbol of humility He ever did!

Now, let’s draw an analogy between what the Catholicism preach and what Jesus told, by remembering that Jesus received a Crown of Thorn and the Pope has a crown studded with gems.

The Pope has been chosen by men to lead others men, that’s to say, a sinner chose by others sinners. Jesus was chosen by His Father, God.

Take heed of what the Bible says about idols (conceding that the Bible I’m reading is the same of that which Catholic use):

Exodus 20:3-5 - The Ten Commandments

“ 1 And God spoke all these words, saying:

2 “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.
4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. “

Let’s see more at Leviticus 19:4 - Moral and Ceremonial Laws :

4 ‘Do not turn to idols, nor make for yourselves molded gods: I am the LORD your God.
5 ‘And if you offer a sacrifice of a peace offering to the LORD, you shall offer it of your own free will.

Well, there’s lots of more examples but I think this is enough to show you that despite saying that Catholicism follows what Jesus says, it’s a lie! Everybody knows that above all they adore hundreds (or even thousands) of idols, and even the Pope!
I respect their king, the Pope, but I do not consider him a saint!
First of all, he is not humble. How could a man be humble if he doesn’t give even a handful of his gold to the poor people in Africa that have been suffering starvation for so long? Jesus was used to sharing what He had to anyone who needed!

I’m not intending to put onto here lots of disparity I have found in Catholicism; I’m not a preacher and do not believe that there’s only a right religion. This is only a small example of what they say and what they do.
I also do not believe that religion is correct. I thing that rather than religion, people could read the Bible by themselves and learn by themselves, and doing so, would avoid being mislead by people who says is representing Jesus on Earth.
The only way to achieve salvation is by believing that Jesus Christ died for us and period; there’s no secret.

Well, after reading it, you will learn why I have said that in the 3rd paragraph!

Have a nice end of year!


PS.: I have no religion but I like to study everything by my own rather than believing in what people says.
Post a Comment