18 Jun 2014

Brazil - World Cup 2014 - So far, So good

I’m surprised with this World Cup 2014. No..., it is not because the embarrassing result of Spain that was knocked out by Chile or because of the great football of the Netherlands, that are making Brazilians enjoy this team, but it is because everything looks that is going well. Yes, I mean..., regarding security - my main concern I had written in other posts.
No murder, no robberies.
Till now, only casual thefts and some pick-pocketing have been occurring - occurrences that I consider very positive. However, there’s an explanation for this success: in the regions of the games (stadiums, hotels, airports and other strategic places) thousands of police officers are on the streets. I had never seen so many officers patrolling on the streets as I see in these days! They are everywhere: at the corners, in the Underground Stations, near Shopping Malls, on the most visited regions, etc. Of course, it will not last forever, but at least, while the World Cup happens, tourists may have a sensation of security.

As soon as this event finishes, all will go back to its “normality”, unfortunately. But, at least for now, I’m happy that most of tourists may walk around without fear of being killed - for only a pair of trainers or a wallet.

Enjoy the party!
Post a Comment